COVID-19 UPDATE (3.25.20)
A reminder that the building is closed until further notice, but staff are available by phone and email to assist you.
Clients, we miss you and hope you're staying well! Although staff may be working remotely, we are still here to serve you. Below are some updated client reminders and resources:
- As part of new state restrictions, Governor Stitt has ordered all non-essential businesses located in the counties affected by COVID-19 to close at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 25 until April 14.
- Gatherings of 10 people or more will be restricted across the state.
- Governor Stitt has also issued a 'safer-at-home' order, asking all vulnerable populations across the state, including those with compromised immune systems, to stay at home and only go out in public for the essentials until April 30. This includes adults over the age of 65 and vulnerable individuals with serious underlying medical conditions.
- Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum has also shared that evictions are on pause, and municipal court dockets are suspended for 30 days. Further, water (City of Tulsa), electric (PSO), gas (ONG), and cable/phone/internet (AT&T and Cox) will not turn off services due to non-payment.
- The Tulsa County Health Department offers reliable and regularly updated resources on confirmed cases, what to do if you feel sick, etc.: https://www.tulsa-health.org/COVID19
- Tulsa Area United Way has compiled a list of resources for those in the community seeking assistance: http://www.tauw.org/tauw/COVID-19.asp
- You can always call 211, Eastern Oklahoma's easy access system for information and referral to community services for those who need help.
- New interim guidance for COVID-19 and persons with HIV now available: https://tinyurl.com/v8oalp7
Please continue to contact staff as needed via email, or you may leave a voicemail at 918.834.4194, and we will be in touch as quickly as possible.
Until further notice, the facility will remain closed, including programs housed in our facility (farmers’ market, lunch, support groups, etc.)
Our thoughts are with you all during this challenging time.