Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Casey Bakhsh: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday December 3, 2018.
|Job Title:||Nutrition Program Assistant|
|Position Type :||Part-time Non-exempt|
|Work Hours:||24 per week; working hours are determined by program need and agency hours of operation.|
|Reports To:||Nutrition Program Director|
|Agency Mission:||Delivering social services to people affected by HIV and AIDS|
· Ensure that the pantry and client waiting area are kept in a clean and sanitary manner; store room is kept in an orderly fashion and food items are re-stocked regularly.
· Assist with data entry of various client services and program outcomes.
· Responsible for procuring and sending out monthly gift cards to rural clients.
· Help disseminate information to clients about regular and special events.
· Assist with direct service to clients including meals, pantry shopping, farmer’s market, scheduling of services, etc. Log in and record keeping of receipts.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Nutrition Program Director.
· Complies with the Nutrition Services Program Policies and Procedures as established by Tulsa CARES.
· Submits requests for changes to program policies and procedures as needed to the Nutrition Program Director.
· Maintains environment of health and wellness in accordance with the program’s mission statement and relevant regulatory bodies.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Understanding of safety policies and practices.
· Ability to read and understand Food Labels.
· Basic computer skills.
· Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
· Basic mathematical skills.
· As this person may be required to work on their own, honesty, integrity, safety, and the ability to take initiative are required.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to stock merchandise.
· Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as pricing guns and two-wheel dollies.
· Frequent and proper lifting of up to 20 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
· Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
· Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
Educational and Licensure Requirements:
· Must maintain current driver’s license, driver’s insurance and any relevant licenses or certifications.
· Must maintain a current Tulsa Food Handlers’ Permit.
Nutrition Program Director
|Casey Bakhsh, LCSW
Director of Programs