Safe, affordable options
for living

People with HIV/AIDS who are inadequately housed have increased risks of poor health care access, poor medication adherence, and poor health outcomes including disability and death.

Data suggests that safe housing can be a cost-saving intervention for the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS. By providing rent and utility assistance to prevent homelessness, our housing program is a gateway into care and improves the effectiveness of our other programs.

Rent and utility assistance

This program provides financial support toward the direct payment of rent, mortgage, and utilities. Housing clients receive a comprehensive housing needs assessment and care plan before receiving financial assistance. During this assessment, the household budget is reviewed and the client may be referred to other community resources to help with financial needs and other housing barriers. Click here for a list of items needed for our Happy Home Pack.

Housing information services

For people in need of housing information about Section 8, landlord-tenant laws, and affordable housing options near medical providers and public transportation, the Housing Care Coordinator is available. Housing information services are available to any HIV-positive person in Northeastern Oklahoma and are available by calling 918-834-4194.


Clients must be referred by a primary Care Coordinator (OSU, Tulsa CARES, DHS-ACIS, or Advantage) to be further screened by the Housing Care Coordinator for financial housing assistance. Due to high demand for assistance, referrals are accepted on the 10th of each month for emergency financial assistance and the waiting list is closed after the program has reached capacity for that month. Clients needing financial assistance outside of this window may call the housing program for other referral options or should speak to their primary Care Coordinator.

This program is funded by the Housing Opportunities for People Living with AIDS (HOPWA) Program (administered by the City of Tulsa and the Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency). Our Housing Care Coordinator is available to discuss the additional eligibility requirements of this federal program.